“What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.”

- Crowfoot

Friday, August 7, 2009

Ignition phase complete


Having realized that her posts had begun to digress from their stated purpose, Bonnita decided to return to the topic supposedly at hand: her plans. As she sat down to type, she she sorted her mental cue cards and planned what she would say.
As her fingers his each key, she wrote:
“Two days ago, after sending back my passport application because of the wrong kind of birth certificate, my British passport arrived by UPS. Ignition phase complete. Thank god, too. I had just purchased my one way plane ticket to London Heathrow when I realized that I still didn’t have my passport! If I was denied, then I would not only be out the $220us, plus postage x2 but I would also have to fork out MORE money for a work visa! That would completely negate the fantastic deal I got on my ticket.
Speaking of my ticket, now this is a doozie. I paid a total of $420 which, like I said is a pretty amazing deal. The only downside - and I don’t really see it as much of one - is that I have to take 3 flights. I am flying American Airlines from Toronto to Boston and then Icelandair from Boston to Rekjavik to London. So by the time I get their I can say that I have been to Iceland too. Yeah, the connections suck, but I have around an hour and a half/two hours between each one to collect my bags and re-check them.
Also, yesterday I found the website for the buses that run in the Berkshire area - most importantly between Maidenhead and Slough. One actually leaves straight from the Sainsbury’s right by my aunt’s house and goes directly into downtown Slough! woot woot
What else…. Oh, I am going to start organizing everything in a binder with page protectors and Post-its and such. Oh this is going to such fun!”
As Bonnita publishes this entry on her blog and closes her computer, feeling the wind pick up in her sails and steps into her bubble bath…

No comments:

Post a Comment